Photos from our day....
Often when Dan and I want to talk we escape to the living room. We were chatting after church and I snapped this. I love this photo because this is how Dan looks at me.
I wanted one more picture of the kids before they changed and I love this one because it's very "them."
However, this is very "them" too.
Twister! Notice I'm wearing shorts? On Easter? A RARE occasion. We were blessed with the most beautiful Easter we have had in years (we are usually freezing in our Easter frocks!), and will probably not experience in years again. It did not pass unnoticed nor unappreciated.
I don't feel like china is just for when we have guests ~ it sets the day apart as something special. And so even with "just us" we ate in the dining room....
It was fun to take out Aunt Linda's china and think of her while using it.
She loved florals, and had feminine tastes (perhaps it's genetic?) and her crystal ~ which I love ~ reflects that about her as well.
I think this ruffled serving bowl of hers is so beautiful and lovely for spring.
Here was my plate ~ it was delicious & easy! Dan made the potatoes, and we made a spinach salad with strawberries and poppyseed dressing that tasted like spring.
And for dessert....
I tried a new recipe. Homemade angel food cake, torted and filled with a strawberry and cream cheese filling with fresh fruit on top. I made the cake the day before and just filled it and put it quickly together on Easter. It was light and delicious!
It was a really quiet day from start to finish.
I love Easter. We attend all of the church services during Holy Week ~ and I love them all. I love the journey of Lent. And this year, I could especially relate to the confusion of the disciples between the time of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. I am in a place where I can relate to the questioning. Waiting in confusion. I find peace and hope in the resurrection story in a different way this year. The sovereignty of God's plan, as confusing & hard for me to understand at times is comforting as well when I read the scriptures and see how God works things for the good in His timing and for His purpose. And this is what I love about studying the scriptures ~ how God can meet you where you're at and speak to you through them in different ways during different seasons of life.
A Belated Blessed Easter, to you!
2 comments:
Where to begin ...
Adorable Easter banner with the cutest children!
So jealous that you were in shorts ~ no such weather on the East Coast!
Twister ~ perfect game for giggles.
Table setting ~ just beautiful!
Dinner looks amazing.
Dessert ~ please share the recipe :)
You're beaming face says it all ... love for your family!
Thank you Jo ~
I will get the recipe to you. Remind me if I forget!
Post a Comment