Saturday, April 20, 2013

Miscellaneous March

I only have a few big events left in March to blog about.

This post is just a compilation of little things that happened during the month.

 misc-2

The Bug loves braids.  Loves them.  I tried my hand at it one day and she was thrilled.


I made some fun Easter cupcakes for our kiddos at small group. 

misc-7

I can't get my cake decorating supplies out without the kids wanting to take a turn and I have to say, Matthew is getting quite good at it!

 misc-3-2

 misc-2-2

I actually just sent the cupcakes with Dan...Matthew was on the sofa with a fever.  This photo was taken the next day when he was doing better but still home from school.  The first day he's missed in 2 years.  The child is super healthy.  He rarely gets sick and if he does he kicks it in a day.   He definitely scored some good genes.

misc

The Earth seemed to have awoken overnight.  One morning as we drove to school, suddenly everything was in flower.  It was such a welcome sight.  Of course it means a little someone is bringing lots of nature indoors.

misc-4


And speaking of bringing Nature indoors.....

 misc-5

Another little someone saved a baggie from lunch and spent his recess collecting all of these treasures and brought them home.

 misc-6

I got such a kick out of it, I had to take a photo.  It just says so much about life at this age....

misc-3

Oh, and the Bug wanted me to take a picture of her cupcake too.

misc-8

I love this picture of Kitti and Gracie.  I feel like in 10 years I'll have another picture set side by side next to this one in this same pose.  Can't you picture it? 

misc-10

Another braid day.  Did a bit better this time.

misc-2-3

We get so little sunshine through the winter if it happens to be a bit sunny and I try to take a photo the kids (especially Kitti) can't keep their eyes open.  Mostly, I just love those little dimpled hands.

misc-9

I enjoyed a really lovely dinner with Katie.   Thai food, which was a treat, and adult conversation which was even more of a treat.   Time with friends that I love is especially cherished.

misc-13

Matthew did a Native American puppet show.  He had the part of a squirrel.

misc-12

Matthew doing his part....It has been surprising to see Matthew turn into quite the ham at school.  One of the moms who volunteers with me shared with me what a transformation she's observed in him and her daughter said, "Mama, he's so funny." He was so serious at the beginning of the year and loves to make people laugh now.  I have to say, I didn't see that coming from our little old soul. 

misc-2-4

All the boys.

misc-3-4

Matthew has a really nice group of kids that he goes to school with.  A sub that I know was in his room one day when I was volunteering.  She said that his grade is really great and that all of the classes are great to sub for, that the kids are really good.  I felt like I graduated with a group of great kids, so I was happy to hear this for Matthew and hope it's true at the other schools that he will be integrating with come middle school.

Someone else had a puppet show.

misc-3-3

When I asked about the angry face, he said that he made his puppet angry because he didn't want to make the puppet.  Andrew has mastered the art of silent protest.

I sent Kaitlin upstairs to get ready for ballet one day and she came down like this.

misc-11

When did she turn twelve?

I bought doughnut holes on a whim during a late night trip to the grocery store ("Mama, I volunteered to bring juice boxes to school tomorrow for the party.") to celebrate the last day of school before spring break. 

handkerchief-7

The Bug received a beautiful handkerchief in the mail, that I didn't adequately photograph.  It's hard to see but it has a ballerina embroidered in it with gold detailing.  It's dainty and a treasure. 

handkerchief

I'd love to see what is going on inside of Kaitlin's brain when she receives these kind of things because she is immediately transported into some world where she is a little maiden or princess, or something I can't quite discern but involves a lot of sappy facial expressions and dancing and drama.  But before that,  she quietly examined the handkerchief....

handkerchief-4

And there was the loving of the handkerchief...

handkerchief-2

More loving...

handkerchief-3

There was a picnic....

handkerchief-5

And then the imagination took hold, and I'm not sure what this was, but it involved a lot of hanky waving and dancing....

handkerchief-6

My camera is just struggling with the lack of sunlight and I can't get a good indoor shot these days if the kids are moving, but I think the face says it all in this photo.

Thank you, Jeannie.  For this very special gift.  

March wrapped up with a parent visitation for ballet, where Kitti put on quite the show, and Easter!  But those are posts for another day!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

This post made me giggle in so many places. Matthew is really getting good at decorating the cupcakes! Wow! Ah, the baggie of nature treat - now you know what it is like to live with me. C never knows what I'll pull out of my pockets. :) Kaitlin, oh my gosh!!! When a 5 year old has much more style sense than this almost 60 year old, I know I am in trouble. I love that the hanky found a good home. (I still wear my hair in braids.LOL!) Wishing you all a wonderful week.

Jo said...

Love the different personalities of your children and the fact that you allow them to shine just as they are {even when it gets a little ... ummmm ... challenging!} They are all so stinkin cute!

SO happy to rip off a link on the paper chain today! Yep, we're following the Zeamer clan with the paper chain countdown to summer! :)

Jo

Anonymous said...

Kaitlin looks so cute in the braids. Instead of ballet, looks like Kaitlin is going line dancing!