Saturday, February 23, 2013

Meeting Anna Glory

Introducing....

Anna Glory Katherine Beattie  

 anna

Isn't she a love?

When I was planning our trip to Seattle I hoped it would work out to go and visit my friend Kristi's new baby, Anna Glory.

It turned out Kristi's mom, Sue, who was like a second mom to me growing up, was going to be in town from Arizona that weekend.

 anna-3-2

After some phone calls and emails, Kristi's husband arranged for Kristi's sister, Lisa to fly in from Arizona as a surprise so that we could all have a reunion!  It was really special.

 anna-2-2

Lisa went to ASU for college, met and married a nice guy named Mel, after graduation and is now a biomedical engineer for Medtronic in Arizona.

 anna-7

This is such a rare happening ~ we talked and laughed and time passed way too quickly.   These ladies are dear to my heart.

anna-6

Kristi said that Meghan asks about Kaitlin all the time and was SO excited for her to come visit.  They were really cute together.  Two peas in a pod ~ running around and happily playing.

anna-3

I asked Meghan and Kaitlin for a photo and Meghan just wrapped her arms around Kitti and snuggled in.  It was so sweet.

anna-5

Kaitlin couldn't wait to get her hands on the baby.  She was just such a precious little thing, it was fun to hold a baby again.  We are a baby loving family.  The other day Kaitlin said,
"Mama, when are we going to have another baby?"
"We aren't honey.  You're my baby."
"But I wanted to be a big sister."

I would love another baby, but I am feeling quite full of blessings!

 anna-4

Ryan is a young adult pastor at First Presbyterian Church in Bellevue.  He had a function that weekend but dropped in to take Caden to basketball, so we did catch a photo of him.  Ryan went to high school with all of us as well.  He did my Dad's memorial service, which was very special.

anna-9

Kristi and I met when she was in 5th grade and I was in 6th.  I was a camp counselor for our Elementary school's "Outdoor Education" at Camp Wooten.  I was assigned to Kristi's cabin and her mom was our cabin mom.  We immediately became friends.

anna-10

I love this photo.  Kaitlin picked out the magic wand for Anna.  I think she loved it. :)

anna-2-3

We enjoyed dinner, a Smith & Kearns (our traditional holiday drink that we always drank...though we make ours with Diet coke)...had this delicious cheesecake for dessert.  A candle for my birthday!

It was a lovely afternoon/evening spent with women I love.  My only regret was that it passed too quickly. 

No comments: