The kids are always very excited to be together again. And Santa often has time to drop by and make an appearance. This year was no different. I was downstairs with the kids and trailed behind them when we heard Santa arrive so I missed those awestruck expressions, but I did capture them sitting on Santa's lap.
Isaiah was up first...
Isaiah is such a sweet boy...and isn't he handsome? I really enjoy him. And when I hug him his head tucks right under my chin. It's just crazy!
Isaiah was terrified of Santa as a small child and Noah carries that trait as well. Isaiah sweetly delivered his package and Noah called out a muffled, "Thank you!" :)
He clutched his gift and kept his eyes closed.
Matthew was up next.
He was very concerned that Dan wasn't there and that he was missing it...I told him that the neighbors came by and needed some help carrying something heavy...he was so disappointed for Dan he wanted to go and get him.....
He later remarked that Santa had the same ring as Daddy....which I pointed out is quite common since it is a simple gold band.
Dan was indeed very sad to miss it...and it was disappointing as you never know if Santa will have time to stop on Christmas Eve next year. After all, it is an especially busy night for him.
Andrew was thrilled to be next.
And finally, the "Solid Gold" Dancer. I mean, Bugaboo.
The kids were really happy with their gifts, and then it was time to head home.
Auntie Shannon gave us reideer food and so Kaitlin made sure we sprinkled that in the yard and then changed into PJs and set out cookies for Santa. I did not take a lot of photos this evening at Mike & Michelle's or after returning home. Truth be told, I was worn out. I didn't take as many photos on Christmas either.
We sat on the sofa and read the Christmas Story and The Night Before Christmas. The kids were so excited for Christmas. Their excitement just creates the magic behind the holiday. I thought perhaps they might have trouble sleeping, but no, they were asleep in no time, and sometime in the night.....
Santa arrived!!!
3 comments:
I love how the stuffed critters enjoyed the bicycle! (And I believe I spy a flower doll! :D) What a special way to celebrate Christmas Eve. Of course, my favorite part is the pjs and reading the Night before Christmas. xo
Oh, Kathy, no wonder you are so exhausted, Love YOU!
Does Santa stay quiet during his visit? I imagine his laugh might give him away :).
Post a Comment