Thursday, December 27, 2012

This 'n That

I just wanted to record a few of the miscellaneous things from the month that didn't make it onto our Project Life blog....

I kept Grace and Kennedy after Pre-school one day for different reasons.  The girls were so cute together.  Here they are being princesses and "Gaston."
 
misc. december

Our family ornament this year is a Sand Castle ornament. I purchased it on our trip to Cannon Beach.

misc. december-12

I captured these sweet hands one day as she was looking at one of her little ornaments.

misc. december-13

Kaitlin made this sweet ornament in pre-school.  I've said before, I'm a sucker for anything with a handprint.  My favorite.

misc. december-10

This tag accompanied the ornament....

misc. december-11

Matthew attends "K2 Live" each Wednesday.  It's a church group for grades 3-5.  Dan volunteers at it as well.  They went to an Alzheimer's home to carol one evening and Dan snapped these photos for me.  I am so glad that he had this experience.

misc. december-7

My mom bought Kaitlin this darling little coat that she's been wearing out and about this winter.   I know next year she'll be influenced by her peers so I am enjoying these final days of sweet mary janes, bows, bobby socks and little girl sweetness.

misc. december-9

Dad's Christmas tree that Matthew, Andrew and Kaitlin decorated....

misc. december-5

Jingle was lacking in time and energy to be creative this year. But he did pop around the house and the kids enjoyed finding him each morning. He was beholding the manger scene one morning.


misc. december-4

The Advent calendar is another one of our traditions.

misc. december-3

 I like the old vintage German ones, like when I was a child.
 
misc. december-2

The kids take turns opening the little doors each morning. Funny how the little picture by itself would not be anything special to the kids, but put it behind a little paper door and suddenly a little kitty, or a drum, or an angel because really exciting.  The magic of a surprise! :)

 misc. december-16

Grace had a Super Girl party which was a nice opportunity to put last years' Christmas gifts to use!

Shannon did a fantastic job as always, crafting away and made it lots of fun for the kids....

 misc. december-18

Super Kids!

misc. december-19

misc. december-17

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!  Hard to believe she is five.

 misc. december-15

Andrew was invited to "Milk and cookies with Santa and Mrs. Claus" by one of his school friends.  Such a fun idea!

He left Gracie's party a little early with Dan so that he could attend and see his school friends.

misc. december-14

He had a great time.  December is a busy month full of fun!  (I'm looking forward to a slower paced January!)

No comments: