I realized at 10:30 the night before that I needed to put together the kids' North Pole breakfast. We would be out of town the following weekend, and so we needed to welcome Jingle, our Elf back a bit early.
Though I didn't have time to do some of the things I had planned, I quickly set the table so we could have a fun breakfast before church the next day.
Our guest of honor was there and got a bit of a head start on breakfast!
The kids were SO happy to see Jingle. Especially Andrew and Kaitlin.
Matthew really enjoys these things too, but I think he's a little uncomfortable with these spontaneous situations and having people watch him and his reaction. I've noticed this on Christmas morning and birthdays as well. He always becomes reserved and looks a little stressed at times. Which is just fine, I know he's really happy, it's just his personality and that's okay.
However, he's always happy to give a great smile for a picture.
The kids were so cute continually looking up during breakfast to see Jingle.
Happy Matthew, after the pressure of the situation has passed. My reserved boy. He's a touch uptight like his mama. I get him.
I do so love to give gifts. And there are always smiles to be found when there's a gift involved. :)
The kids received their ornaments for the year. A gingerbread boy for Matthew, as a reminder of our gingerbread house building tradition.
A knight for my Andrew ~ he loves knights (and all things courageous) and was one for Halloween last year.
An angel for my sweet girl. This Angel was holding her hands the way Kaitlin would as a 2-3 year old in photos, had a flower, which Katie loves, and she was an Angel in the Living Nativity at church this year, so this ornament was all around perfect for her.
The kids started opening their next gifts and this is where things got really funny. The kids are actually really good about being properly grateful about a gift, even when not totally excited about it. We've worked on it. And talked about it. So I was a little shocked, but honestly found it so funny when Kaitlin opened up her gift and reacted like this....
She took one look and got upset and started to cry....
And pushed her gift to the ground! It turns out, she was really upset that the Mrs. Clause on her PJs didn't have a head! Matthew thought it was funny too. (Perhaps a little too funny).
We explained to her that HER head was supposed to be Mrs. Claus and she got upset with Matthew and told him to stop laughing at her because she DOES like her gift...(Siblings!)
It was funny that the PJs upset her so much, but once she understood she smiled happily as Mrs. Claus. :)
And because I am late in writing this post I can share the photo of the night before Christmas Eve....
No comments:
Post a Comment