Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Program

kmz program-2
(Kaitlin struck this pose all on her own. I simply asked her to stand in front of the tree.  Isn't she something?  God blessed me with the perfect little girl for my personality.  My heart delights in her.  She is so funny!)

I really should be in bed right now.  I have had so many late nights the last few weeks my body feels completely out of whack and I am running on adrenaline to the point where I'm not feeling sleepy even if my body suggests otherwise.  Like every other mother out there, I've been running around and baking like a loon trying to get ready for the holidays.  Throw in an ear infection for Kaitlin this week (that has not responded to the antibiotics...croup for Matthew, and then one day this week Dan came home to read a note I had on the kitchen table that I left for a child's mom who was over for a play date.  He looked up and said, "You rescued a dog?"

All in a day's work.

Anyway, what's a sleep deprived, holiday crazed girl to do?

Why, write a post of course! 

Anyway, Christmas is around the corner and I have blogged so little about the things we've done this month.  I wanted to get Katie's Christmas program photos up.   They are such fun.

kmz program

My sweet girl is really growing up.

The program landed on a really crazy day for me (what day isn't?) I had a lot going on and thankfully, Katie saved me a seat. I was SO grateful as I was running late, but ended up getting to sit in the front row for our last program.

 kmz program-8-2

These two are always SO happy to see one another.  Gracie was closing the gap in height, but boy Katie shot up!  She is very tall.


kmz program-15
The kids filed in and waved their hellos.... kmz program-4

I love these sweet tags,and I love Katie's "E."

The more lines the better.

kmz program-5

Then it was finally their turn!  Katie has been practicing and practicing.  And what the girl lacks in skill, she makes up in heart!

kmz program-6

Did she sing!

kmz program-8

And put on quite a little performance.  Love the facial expressions.

kmz program-9

She is quite happy up on stage.

 kmz program-7

kmz program-10

After the performance we go to the classroom to receive our gifts which are always precious. I  love the pride with which they are presented.

kmz program-11

My best girl.

Then we head downstairs for cookies, which is a BIG deal.  You can have TWO cookies. :)

kmz program-12

This is our little carpooling crew.  Oh, I wish I could just record the conversations!  They are SO funny!   They talk and bicker and laugh and cry to and from school.  :) They are cute as pie.  I so enjoy them.

And being that it is 2am, I should head to bed. 

Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

Jo said...

She is hysterical {and adorable!} with her moves and expressions. This is just the cutest!

I'm right there with you on the crazy train girlfriend. I've tried to jump off but it's just going too fast! Ugh.

Hope you find a few seconds to catch your breath.

Jo

Jeannie said...

I wish I could have been in the audience to see the show. I love the photos and have thought fondly of the "private showing" at your Mom's. Katie's dress is gorgeous. Katie and Gracie together always makes me smile - thanks! The crazy train I hope stops soon. Why do we do this? Would anyone notice if we didn't try to create a winter wonderland? Wishing you and your's the Merriest Christmas and big hugs all around.

Katie said...

Watching Kaitlin perform always brings me such joy! It was a wonderful afternoon.