I start listening to Christmas music on Nov. 1st. One month just isn't enough for me!
I LOVE Christmas music.
One year I started in August.
Yesterday we were listening to Josh Groban's "Noel" album in the van. (Beautiful. I love all the songs, but he has the best "Little Drummer Boy" arrangement ~ while I love the lyrics, if not done right, let's face it, it can be annoying. But his is beautiful.)
Anyway, "Silent Night" came on and my exchange with Andrew went like this,
"This sounds familiar."
"It's 'Silent Night.'"
"From Jesus?"
"About Jesus, Yes."
The van is quiet as he listens, then says,
"It's not that Silent 'cuz that guy is screaming."
:)
Josh Groban, screaming?
This morning we were working on cleaning up the boys' room. (My clean up of the house continues...I've made it upstairs. Bedrooms and Bathrooms on the docket for today).
I asked Andrew to help and he replied,
"I can't....
...Because I'm too sexy."
?!?!
(The background here is that yesterday Dan seceretly programmed my phone so that when he texts me "I'm Too Sexy" plays.
Nice.
Looking forward to when that line comes out at school.
And then a sweet story.
Andrew has always since infancy, given soft, wet, little puppy type of kisses. The kind that leaves a wetness on your cheek that you might absently wipe away.
When Andrew gets out of the van each morning he kisses Kaitlin and then me on the cheek. Sweet, unsolicited kisses. The best kind.
I consciously never wipe it off as I drive away and glance at the boys walking into school in my rear view mirror. I let the sweetness of my boy linger and warm my heart.
One morning as we were pulling away from school, in the mirror my eyes met a smiling Kaitlin in the backseat as she said,
"Mama, I'm going to leave my kiss on."
:)
1 comment:
THAT is FUNNY!! Zack and I got a good laugh and now he's in the background singing, "I'm too sexy for my shirt" . . .
Post a Comment