We were driving to pre-school for the "Meet the teacher" day and the boys were correcting Kaitlin on how she would say her teacher, Miss Beth's name from last year.
Katie calls her, "Miss Beff." With an F.
I love it.
Just like "everything" is "EveryFing."
The boys were correcting her, and yes, I told them not to worry about it.
Don't mess with the F, boys.
Andrew used to say, "I Yuv you." For the longest times his Ls were Ys and it was SO sweet. I remember he day he said it correctly, Dan and I were both a little sad to see that sweetness go. And tonight at dinner as she was saying the blessing, I noticed she said, "Thank you God, for EveryTHing." :(
(She was praying at Hopper the frog's memorial service this summer).
No worries, there are sill many cute things that she says. Today we were finishing "It's a Wonderful Life." Matthew and I were watching it together yesterday. I love that movie and there are so many wonderful lessons in it for the kids. At one point at the end someone says...
"To George Baily, the richest man I know!"
Kaitlin said in response...
"I don't want to be rich! I think it's mean to be rich!" :)
(Because Mr. Potter is mean in the movie).
One of my favorites is how she adds -ed to everything she does in past tense. Tonight she said,
"I'll show you what I did-ed at school."
(Matthew took this of us while we watched Andrew play tball).
And then there's her joy, that when she feels it (often) it comes flowing out with all sorts of funny statements. Yesterday she was outside singing at the top of her lungs about how she loves to sing every day. Tonight I wrote down a few of the things she said when she was happy with me.
"I can just snuggle you up forever and ever!"
"I'm so happy my heart is full of dancing!"
"I'm going to scream into your heart because I love you too much!!"
And then the other day when she had the hiccups....
"If you walk up behind me and surprise me it will give my hiccups away."
1 comment:
LOL! I love Kaitlin's hair in the photo with the statue. The boy that lived across the street always add an "o" to L words and it sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles. Carl was Carlooooo for years. ;)
Post a Comment