Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Helpers

2012-206

The other day I started to get out my baking supplies while Kaitlin was upstairs and next thing I hear is her little voice calling from up above....

helpers

"Mama?!?!  Are you baking?!?!"

It's like she has a 6th sense for when I pull out a cake pan!  She loves to bake with me and told me on this particular day that it's her "most favorite thing to do."

helpers-2

And where there's one little helper....

helpers-3

Another is sure to follow!  Andrew likes to turn on the blender.  It went too high and powdered sugar caught air.  :)

helpers-4


Here.  Let me help you with that.

And when there are 2 helpers...

helpers-5

It's not long before Matthew arrives as well!  All on one chair. :)

helpers-6

Smile!!! 
We pulled up a second chair at this point.

helpers-7

This is what "help" looks like.  :)  And with cakes and cookies to bake, there were lots of opportunities to help.  I do hope that if I'm patient and help the kids learn to bake that I'll be able to capitalize on this later!

swimming2

And this is what happens when I'm busy baking.  Fort Day!!!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

LOL! At least you have 3 reasons why there is powdered sugar flying. My kitchen looks like a tornado went through and it is just me making the mess.