Friday, April 27, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge ~ Day 2

GWL2-2

We spent a few hours at the water park in the morning before heading home.

 GWL2 GWL2-5


GWL2-6

Shannon took photos as we were heading up to the big slide. That's me up there waving. You can see the rafts heading up to the left of us on the stairs.

And here we are heading down! I found the more people in the raft, the more wet you were when you landed in the water.


GWL2-7 GWL2-2-2 GWL2-3-2

We made it!

GWL2-4-2 GWL2-8

Warming up in the hot tub.
GWL2-3

Andrew & Grace heading into the wave pool. The kids LOVED this.

 GWL2-4

Matthew and Hannah. Growing up.


GWL2-5-2

Kaitlin is a little fish and loved all of the water and slides. She was great. She has always taken new things in stride. She's like her daddy.


GWL2-9

Dan and I took Claire and Andrew down...I was checking on Claire because she seemed to be laughing and crying at the same time. I was making sure she was okay. She was. :)


GWL2-10

Right before we headed out.  We had a great time, and I definitely felt like one night was plenty.  Andrew wasn't even sure he wanted to go back to the water park on the second morning but after breakfast he did, and had a great time.  It's very loud (I was relieved to walk out of there on Sunday night), there's a lot of people and it's definitely tiring (especially with small kids ~ I was doing a lot of head counting all the time), but it was a lot of fun too.  The kids had a fantastic time.  It was really a perfect amount of time there, and a great thing to do with friends.  Our families traveled very easily together ~ and it was a fun break from our routine.  We stayed over on a Sunday night, so Matthew and Andrew were excited that they got to skip school on Monday.

It was a great trip!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Wouldn't that be a fun trip if it was cold and snowy! I am so happy you all had a successful trip and most importantly - FUN!

Jo said...

It looks like a blast!
With the activity, I too would only last one day :)

Jo