Sunday, January 15, 2012

First Snow!

snow-2

We had snow this morning!!! The kids were SO excited to wake up and see the snow. They couldn't wait to get outside. Snow doesn't last long around here if it's just a dusting and so knowing that, Dan & I agreed that I would stay home with the kids so they could play in it while he went to church. 

I'm sure God understood.

I was glad that we did as it was nearly all melted by the time Dan returned home.

Matthew & Kaitlin had a great time.

snow-7

The first thing on the list is always to taste it....

snow-8

snow-10

Then there was sliding....

snow-5

snow-3

Next there were snow angels...

snow-11

And then it snowed enough to catch some snowflakes on the tips of their tongues....

snow-4

snow

Andrew wasn't in these photos because he was inside most of the time having a (self imposed) difficult time.

snow-6

His sad face can just break my heart in two. He is the world champion master of the sad face.
And Nana, before you go and feel horribly for him ~ he was just fine and ended up having a very happy day today.

snow-9

Snow playing is always followed by hot chocolate.

It was a great way to start the day. I'm so glad it snowed on a Saturday so the kids could be at home and enjoy it.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love Kailin's hat! Well, her whole outfit is adorable, but I think I might look like a blimp in a polka dot jacket. :-) Matthew is a master snow angel maker - perfect!!! Andrew, you know how to tear at the heart strings. How can you have such a sad face with a fantastic hat on! More snow is on the way and I am sure Carl will send you some if you need more. Enjoy!

Jo said...

Love snow days ... they are just magical! Your snowmen look awfully cute enjoying their fun outdoors.

Jo