Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy 9th Birthday Isaiah!!

ied9thbday-10

Months ago, Isaiah asked if he could help me decorate his cake this year.  I was really happy to get to share an interest of mine with him.  So, the night before his birthday party (the 21st) Isaiah came over to our house and Andrew went to Noah's house for play time while we had Cake Decorating 101.

ied9thbday-11

Isaiah and I baked Oreo cupcakes first, and then worked on his cake while the cupcakes baked.  Matthew got in on the action, and we had a great time.  In fact, the boys were planning how they were going to do Matthew's cake!  I think I'm being run out of business!!  :)  It was great though to get to share this with the boys and they really had fun.

iedbday

Isaiah did all of the purple himself, and Matthew did most of the yellow though I helped a bit too.

Isaiah loves the show "Cake Boss" and so we all had fun yelling at one another, "THAT CAKE ISN'T DONE YET?!?!"  to make Isaiah feel like he was on the show.  We had a lot of laughs and it was a fun evening.

ied9thbday-2-4

The next afternoon, after soccer games we headed over to Isaiah's house for his party!  He chose to invite just Matthew and Jackson to watch the Portland Timbers Soccer game on tv.

But first, everyone had to get their game on.

Picnik collage

ied9thbday-6

Isaiah made great signs like the ones fans use at the games.

Picnik collage

Jackson's parent's are really nice ~ we've gotten to know them through the years of birthday parties and we actually have a mutual friend in common ~ and so it was just a really relaxing afternoon, watching the game and talking.  Katie loved following the big boys around and they were actually really sweet to her, even letting her in Isaiah's room when they were going in there by themselves.  And taking her out to the front yard with them when they were playing soccer.  It was very sweet.  Isaiah has always been really considerate of Katie.

When Isaiah was opening presents, Noah and Andrew were sitting together and just watching them have their conversation was so cute.

Picnik collage

Isaiah is a really great kid.  At the age of nine, he is rather mild mannered, mature for his age, considerate of others, a gifted athlete/sports fanatic, smart (of course!) and just truly an all around nice kid.  Having him at our house is like not having an extra kid around at all.  He's just easy, polite, and simply wonderful.  When I think of Isaiah as a baby I just remember him being so smiley.  (After his colicky introduction to the world. :) )  Michelle once described him as "sunny" and I totally agree with that.  He's a love, and  I'm very grateful to get to be his aunt.

ied9thbday-9

ied9thbday-2-3

Happy Birthday, Isaiah!
I love you!!

2 comments:

Dale Brunson said...

These are just wonderful Kathy, We appreciate it so much that you take all of this special time with the boys and Katlin, including all of them in the wonderful activities you generate to keep them happy and on the right track. You are additionally commended for your amazing baking and pastry decorating skills and the wonderful photos you have captured of all of their lives. They are absolutely wonderfu.

Michelle said...

From Isaiah: Great pictures. Thank you for letting me make my cake with you. I had a lot of fun!