I wanted just to do a very quick check in before the week starts as I know it'll be a busy week. It's going to be a challenge to keep up with posting about life in the days to come as there are so many fun things that are starting this week!
I've been absent from my blog because I've been spending my time really trying to get ready for the holidays ~ so that I might be able to enjoy December more and feel more organized and less harried. We'll see if it works.
I haven't even taken many photos lately as I know I'll be taking hundreds in the next month, so I barely squeaked out my photo of the day. But because I know a post is more fun with photos I'm posting some of our Christmas card bloopers.
So, our Christmas cards came and I gasped when I saw the return address pre-printed on the envelopes read, "Kathleen Zeamer." Not, "Dan & Kathy Zeamer" or my usual, "The Zeamer Family." No, Dan and I aren't splitting up. So, not only did I leave Dan's name off, but none of my friends or family call me Kathleen. I use it when filling out forms, etc. which I know I made the mistake because it was late and I just filled in my name with the address as I usually do. So when you receive our Christmas card this year, just know that
1. I am not having an identity crisis. I still go by "Kathy."
2. Dan and I are still happily married.
Ugh.
So much for trying to be on top of things!
So, here's a question...should I just mail them like that or do you think I should write "The Zeamer Family" above it? Feel free to weigh in.
We have been spending the weekend getting ready for Thanksgiving ~ cleaning the house, washing all the bed linens, getting caught up on ironing/laundry. This takes a whole weekend. So after church is over, we'll be resuming our work around here. The boys are getting their Legos re-sorted and I'll have the chore of cleaning out my "staging area" from cleaning out the house. Otherwise known as the guest room. I'm also hoping to get our tables set up and the place cards, etc. done. Busy day!
We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving and having everyone here! The holiday week always brings a lot of activity just with the preparations for it, but this week holds holiday activities for each of the kids' classrooms (I'll get to help with two of them ~ so I'm really excited about that) and therapy for andrew and an eye appointment for me, so I know the week will pass too quickly.
On a side note, I have to record this funny story. The Bug just cracks me up with the things she comes up with. Her personality is funny because she comes up with these very dramatic scenarios that she places herself in. So the other day, she put stickers in her hair and got in her princess dress and told me we were having a princess party that night. I was in the kitchen and she got out the marshmallows. (She's a little obsessed with marshmallows right now) and I told her no and to put them away. She spilled them on the floor and I told her to pick them up and throw them away. As she sat on the floor in her princess gown she was crying, picking up the marshmallows and saying,
"Now I won't get to dance at the Full moon ball and it's all my fault!!"
I don't have a good photo of her because she got ahem, a little mad at me for even taking this one, but oh my word. It was so funny. That girl is something else.
I am up early this morning because Matthew woke up with a nightmare at 5am and unfortunately my mind got started and I couldn't fall back asleep. So I stole some time for this little update, and now I am going to try to get a little bit accomplished before the house starts stirring and we need to get ready for church.
In fact, the Bug is starting to cry which is unusual, so that is my cue. So much for getting something done. Isn't that how it goes. I think children can sense when we're about to be productive! :)
Have a happy Sunday!!!
3 comments:
LOL! Where did Kaitlin hear about the Full moon ball? So funny! Wishing you and all the Zeamer clan a beautiful Thanksgiving.
Oh, Kathy, you did look a bit tired this morning but I had no idea you were up since 5am - sounds like something Joshua would do to me! But I'm glad you got to blog a bit since I'm sure that's been weighing on you a bit (if you're anything like me!). I hope this week is full of lots of great memories and as little stress as possible. I am so THANKFUL for your friendship!
Rachel
My vote is just let the address ride ~ you'll have bigger and better holiday stresses to deal with in days to come.
How do you get anything done with such tragedy in your home ~ spilling marshmallows,unattended balls, princesses in tears! Oh the drama we ladies must endure :)
Jo
Post a Comment