Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Weekend

july 3rd 1

Less than two hours after I wrote the last post and the words,
"It's going to be a great weekend!"
Katie woke up and vomited all over her bed.

Does anyone else see the humor in that?

Poor thing was just shaking and took a long time to settle back in.
But she wasn't running a fever, and wouldn't you know she woke up in the morning completely herself?

july 3rd

Down to sneaking a chocolate chip cookie.

Which stayed down.

We approached the day a little hesitantly, with Dan heading to his parent's house with the boys and Katie staying with me and mom for some errands then a nap while I baked cookies for the 4th.

4th of july 9

Matthew and Katie were in the backyard during the morning before we all headed out and so I snapped some photos as they were playing around. Andrew was inside, so he isn't pictured.

july 3rd 2

Mom put in some new stone paths, and they look really pretty.
Katie enjoyed running around on them.

july 3rd 4

She was picking the sand out from in between the stones here, but I just love this picture because she still looks little.

And while she's growing so quickly, I can look at this photo and pretend that she's not.

july 3rd 5

My thoughtful Matthew.
Always thinking.

july 3rd 3

Who now looks at me and voluntarily smiles when I start taking photos of him.

july 3rd 6

Katie sat down next to him, and took his hand. :)

july 3rd 7

Then they got up and walked away.
This wasn't posed.

day184

But this clearly was. And the bug wasn't having much of it.
This was right before she gave Andrew a shove.

They were heading off to Grammie's house for dinner with Nana.
While Dan and I went to meet Mike and Michelle for dinner at Anthony's!
Such a treat!
We followed it up with some drinks (for some) coffee (for others) at Cedar's.
It was a really nice evening and fun getting to go out.
A big thank you to all the grandparents who were willing to make that happen for us. :)

No comments: