Dan and I were very excited when his mom called to say that she had a weekend trip to Seattle that she wanted us to use.
We enthusiastically accepted.
Mom and Winnie arrived on Friday and I took them to Tommy O's for a Hawaiian lunch to celebrate Mom's birthday before we headed out.
We hit the road and were making great time, until around 50 miles outside of Seattle. When the traffic hit.
I got bored as we crept along and took a photo.
The traffic added an hour to the drive.
But then, no one was in the back seat asking, "How much longer?"
So it was all good.
We made it to the hotel, which was located in downtown Seattle. It was very pretty.
We freshened up and went to dinner at Andaluca's which was located at the hotel.
It was a really nice restaurant, and everything we had was delicious.
It was a wonderful way to kick off the weekend.
Dan had the Paella, which was spicy and sooo good.
I had Halibut with Parmesan polenta.
It was amazing and had a much more impressive name than what I am able to recall.
But most of all, I was just happy it didn't start with a Mc~ or was handed to me in a bag through a window.
After dinner we walked to the movie theater...and then had a nervous walk back to the hotel around 11pm.
I witnessed my first (and hopefully last) drug deal. In passing, of course.
And was reminded of what a small town girl I am, and how I really love my suburban life.
Anyway, back to the good stuff...
Usually we feel lucky to get to have dinner out without the kids. If we get to do dinner AND a movie, it's a really big deal to us. I remarked to Dan as we were walking back, that usually our date would be ending...and it was just beginning! It was so nice.
I am still not feeling really great though, so I'm off to bed and will write about more soon....
1 comment:
Your hotel looks lovely ~ what a fun getaway. What? You don't cook meals like that for your family each evening for dinner? :) Isn't it fun to get out of the norm and enjoy a little fun in life ~ can't wait to hear more.
Jo
Hope you're feeling better.
Post a Comment