Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's Official.

I just heard on the news that this is the 2nd wettest spring in Portland's recorded history. (71 years of data). It's the 4th coldest, but the recorded "cold" years weren't particularly wet. So when you look at the data combining the amount of precipitation (the Columbia River is flooding) and the cold temperatures we've had here...

It's the "Worst Spring in the History of Portland."

rain

I believe it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Poor you!!! I have to admit it though - I'd take a few cold and rainy days in exchange for the sweltering heat we're already having here. Seriously. It's 98 today with such a high level of humidity that you can't breathe outside. And it's only June. I see a lot of indoor air-conditioned activities in our future...

Stay dry!!!

Jo said...

YUCK! I'm really over the rain too ~ wishing you some sunny days ahead. We have had a wild year of weather. This afternoon we had tornados in our area! That's a first for me in this state ~ very scary,

Jo