We have two really wonderful Moms in our life and we are so grateful for both of them!
They are always there when we need a hand
and our kids could not ask for more loving and doting Grandmothers.
They are so lucky (and so are we)!
We love you so much!!
I am also grateful for the Moms that I am surrounded by in my daily life. I know so many wonderful, inspiring Mothers who parent with intention and are raising fantastic kids. I am grateful for the inspiration they provide and the commiseration and wisdom as well.
And finally, I'm just so grateful to be a mom. It's really what I've always wanted to do & be. I'm living my dream. Truly. I am amazed when I look at my kids because I feel like God just designed them perfectly for me. Even down to their challenges. Some of them feel so specific to challenge me in areas that I know I need to grow...it's just amazing.
This journey of motherhood can be so challenging. So many days I feel inadequate in knowledge and execution. It's just plain hard. Some days I'm met with a situation and just pray for wisdom because I really have no idea what the right path or answer is...I'm just figuring this out as I go.
But I wouldn't change it for a second. I treasure each day with my little ones. I love being a Mom. As I think of next year with Andrew starting Kindergarten and Katie starting pre-school I know my time with them at home is coming to an end. I really feel like I want to just minimize outside activities, etc. so that I can spend my time with them. I know I will never have this time back and I want to savor it. I don't want to regret being too busy and feeling like we didn't have enough time just together. I am not a Mom who can't wait for their kids to go to school. I love being home with my kids. And they do too. That's not to say, I'm not ready for a break come evening time. I definitely enjoy my quiet time when they are in bed. And we definitely have days when no one is "feeling the love." (When I'm declared to be the "baddest Mommy in the world.") :) But it doesn't last long.
I was reflecting this evening about when I became a Mom. When Matthew was born...and how overwhelmed, stressed and neurotic I was. I'm grateful to be able to relax more and enjoy parenting. Not that I have it figured out, but I'm not as stressed.
So today, I pray for those who have lost a Mom, long to hold a baby in their arms, or are otherwise quietly hurting on this day. And I give thanks for our wonderful Moms, my Mommy friends that inspire me, and the 3 little loves that gave me the title, "Mama."
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day friend! So thankful for you friendship! I pray you had an amazing day! You are a wonderful mommy and deserve to be celebrated today! Blessings
Julie
Happy Mother's Day Kath! I hope you had a WONDERFUL day. You deserve it!!!
Post a Comment