Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fish, Doughnuts & Organizing

fishing1

Dan took the boys fishing today. They woke up at 5:15 and headed out. The boys were SO excited that they were immediately up and out of bed, ready to go!

They caught FIFTEEN fish! A landlocked sockeye salmon species (that I don't know how the spell the name). The kids had a great time but were not totally thrilled that the fish had to die as part of the deal.

fishing2

This little love fell asleep on the way home...

fishing3

And then took a two hour nap!

And what did the girls do while the boys went fishing?

may21 1

We started here.

may21 2

may21 3

may21 5

may21 4

may21 6

Katie enjoyed the doughnut.

Mommy enjoyed taking pictures.

may21 7

We went to pick up a few things for my brother's birthday dinner and donated to the Veteran's for Memorial Day and got our poppy. I love the the ladies who do the poppies.

may21 8

Just a little bit of real life.

The afternoon brought naps, Little League pictures for Matthew, baking for Mama, and then a fun small group gathering at the park for the family.  A busy weekend!

And just a quick organizing update.

(For my one friend that I know is loving this).  :)

I finished the Master bathroom!

master bath1

master bath4

I took a photo of Dan's cologne...just remembering Dad's "Old Spice." How many of our Dads wore "Old Spice?" :) I'll bet just reading those words made a whole lot of people smile. :)

master bath2

A photo of my bridal bouquet hangs in our bathroom...Anna roses, peonies and lily of the valley.

master bath3

I was giving Dan a tour of the bathroom and pointed out the container in the center of the photo holding our deoderant. I told him that I "re-purposed" a baby bottle washing container...he smiled and then rolled his eyes at my organizing lingo.

Well, I did.

:)

The Great House Clean out is taking a long time.  I've cleaned 8 bags out of our closet/bathroom so far!  I've started our bedroom but am breaking to work on birthday celebrations.  Then I'll be starting back up again.  I'm determined to make it through the whole house.  Our bedroom is next!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Look at you go girl! I've taken a break from organizing to dry out our basement. Oh yes, indoor pools are a lot of work but much more fun when you get to do it all alone!

Was fish on the menu for dinner last night? :)

Jo