Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Birthday Party!!

IMG_3540

(This is one of my all-time favorite photos of Andrew. Oh, he is a muffin).

Did everyone make it over to the private blog okay?  I'm hoping so.  Little worried about you Mom, did you get it figured out? :)

We're officially private!  I feel a little like I've gone to sitting in the corner of the restaurant and talking in a low voice to a friend so I won't be overheard to having a conversation in my own home.

Much better.

So a little catch up is in order.

Things have been really busy around here.  But that's just life as we know it.  I know my friends can relate.  No way around it, there isn't enough time in the day.  I feel like our daily schedule and just keeping up with daily life takes all of my time so to sit and blog or read, etc. is sort of like "stolen" time.  I know it won't always be like that, but it definitely is where I'm at now.  I always feel guilty taking this time as it feels so self-indulgent, but I justify it by saying that the kids will love it some day. :)  The truth is, I love it, and I just hope they will too!  As I read back through the years that I've blogged I love to read about the moments that my mind has long forgotten. 

This post acutally happened in February.  Andrew was invited to attend a birthday party for one of his friends from church.  It was the first invitation that he received just for himself and I was SO happy for him.  He has to watch Matthew go places and have friends over, but he doesn't really have those opportunities.  (Yet ~ his time will come).  But our friend's little guy was having a birthday and Andrew got to go.  He asked nearly every day for two weeks "How many days left?"  He could NOT wait.

I took some photos before we left and asked him to do some "Batman Moves."  This is what he did....

IMG_3535

:)

We don't let him watch Batman yet, so I don't think he knew quite what to do.  :)
IMG_3538

Here he is "flying."

Finally the big day arrived and when we got there he was so crazy and wound up I finally had to just pick him up and hold him for a bit to get him to calm down.  He was just SO excited he could not control that little body.  :)  

The kids did cake, ice cream and gifts....

IMG_3548

How adorable is the birthday boy?  He and Andrew keep the Sunday School teacher on her toes. :)
 
IMG_3553

Andrew and another one of his sweet friends.

Then we headed out to the gynastics room for some fun.
Matthew said he'd like to have his party here after seeing the photos.

IMG_3544

 IMG_3590

I was very surprised at how timid Andrew was with these things. 
He used to be a real daredevil, but there were a few things he wouldn't even try and one ~ a harness that you can wear and jump in  ~ he started crying and was so upset just getting buckled in he didn't want to do it at all.  

I think he's developing my discomfort with heights.  He's been saying lately that he's "scared of skyscrapers and airplanes" that he doesn't want to be up that high.  I get it.

IMG_3581

He was however,  loving the trampoline.  I jumped on it with him and discovered that things aren't what they used to be. :)  We had a lot of fun though.

IMG_3588

IMG_3557

It was a fun afternoon ~ fun being church friends and fun having some one on one with my little man.  

We both had a great time.

Thank you friends (you know who you are but I wasn't sure if you wanted to be publicized on the blog),
for inviting us!
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time for Andrew. It is tough watching your older brother get to do things and you don't. Glad Andrew had fun.
Love, NaNa

Jo said...

Love the "moves" ~ too cute! What a fun party for all. Andrew's expressions say it all.

Jo