Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Birthday Dinner

IMG_3714_2

I realize my posts are skipping all over the place.  I wanted to write about Lent while the details were fresh in my mind.

Last weekend was such a treat ~ we had dinner at Shannon's house on Saturday and Mike and Michelle's house on Sunday!  So many of our favorite people in one weekend!  :)

Didn't the table look so pretty in the first photo?  It looks like a breath of fresh air during this rainy season.  It looks so cheerful!  I am SO ready for some sunshine!

It was such a nice surprise when the door opened and my Mom was there!  She came up to watch Isaiah's basketball game and intended to ride the train home afterward (as Mike had brought her up).  But instead he had her stay on for my dinner and they made a very late trip home to Richland, which was so nice.  It probably wasn't the most convenient timing for them and I really appreciated the extra effort.

Mike and Michelle always make wonderful meals ~ we had Chicken Saltimbocca for dinner ~ it was delicious! And a variety of cupcakes including S'More's, Sweet Potato, Red Velvet, and Vanilla.  The S'Mores had a marshmallow creme filling and were SO good.

The boys were really happy to have time together.  It's nice to have cousins that get along so well.  

Picnik collage

I am very excited to use the spring linens and Easter plates that I received.  They know how I love a pretty table. :)

IMG_3739

I think this is by far the most cooperative group shot we've even gotten with my mom!  3 smiles and 3 out of 5 looking at the camera.  Not bad for our crew.  :)  This was right before we headed out the door.  

It was a wonderful night ~ thank you Mike and Michelle, for giving us such an enjoyable evening.

1 comment:

Carwin said...

well, we finally did, so we are on board with your blog!