I've been baking up a storm this week.
At least I've been trying to around getting sick, the dryer breaking,
Kaitlin getting sick and her ear infections.
I'm behind were I had planned, but we'll get there!
I let the kids decorate their cookies last night though.
They love this.
They've been doing this since they were old enough to hold the piping bag.
As soon as the cookie stuff comes out the helpers start gathering.
In the first photo they were helping me make frosting when we stopped to pose for a photo.
(The bag clips are a must for little hands.
They keep the bags tight and keep the frosting from squirting out the back end).
A few sprinkles are a must too.
My sprinkle collection is threatening to take over our kitchen.
I just might let it.
I was impressed with the kids' piping skills this year!
They did a great job on their cookies!
Matthew worked really hard on his cookie, making sure each sprinkle was exactly where he wanted it. He was still working on his by the time Andrew and Katie were eating theirs.
Sadly, because he worked so long I didn't notice he had finished and was eating his cookie.
(I was busy cleaning up Miss Pinkalicious and her frosting stained face when I turned to see him).
Here is part of Matthew's masterpiece.
It really was a pretty cookie.
He worked diligently on it.
And a sad Matthew, who wished I could have taken a photo of the whole cookie.
Andrew did such a great job with his cookie and did not even lick the tip of the piping bag!!!
Only if you have decorated cookies with Andrew you can appreciate the magnitude of this accomplishment.
Love these little hands.
Notice the little stars he piped on the tree?
Impressive....
Ta Da!
The finished product....
A masterpiece.
And on to Andrew's favorite part....
Yum!
The Bug loves to do this as well.
It's really fun that all my kids can gather around the table and participate in an activity now.
I love that.
Silly girl!
The cookie was beautiful, but the height was impressive....
Kaitlin's tongue, teeth and lips were all red/pink when she was done.
"Christmas Red" to be exact.
Her teeth were still pink after we brushed them!
So we were calling her "Pinkalicious!"
It was a fun night!
3 comments:
You all look so adorable in your gingerbread aprons. Where's Dan's? :)
Those cookies look delish and I must say that I've seen pink frosting worn so well! What a fun way to spend an evening with the family.
Jo
Love, Love, Love the gingerbread aprons! The kids look like they're having so much fun!
Okay - so the frosting. How do you keep the frosted cookies from sticking together before you serve them? I love your recipe - but it didn't dry hard for me - so I resorted back to royal icing. Which dries well but doesn't taste nearly as good. What is your secret for keeping cookies looking as pretty as the day you pipe them without having 400 different air tight containers so they don't touch?
Tips please - because I know you have loads of time on your hands right now. :)
Hugs to the family!
Kristen,
I put the cookies on the cookie sheets back into the refrigerator for the frosting to harden. Then if I'm doing a birthday party I put them into individual bags (once the frosting is set) and into the freezer--they come out the morning of the party.
If I'm storing them for Christmas I refrigerate the cookies on the sheet as well (right after I decorate them) and then transfer them to a large rubbermaid container once they're set. I put parchment in between each layer and into the freezer they go. The frosting hardens enough in the refrigerator to not be ruined when you stack them. I know, otherwise it's a mess! I have to admit, I like them the most when they're completely fresh, but they do freeze well.
I hope that helps!
Thanks friends, for the sweet comments. I love the aprons too. They were from Home Goods.
Post a Comment