Sunday, October 3, 2010

Meeting Bakerella!

IMG_3717
Let's just get the good stuff out of the way first, shall we?

HERE WE ARE WITH BAKERELLA!!! (And I wish I wasn't looking so drizzled on and wilted.)

And can I just say, she is so nice? She was very down to earth, and gracious about posing for photos with everyone and just the sort of person that you feel so happy for their success.

It was really fun to get to see her and watch her little Cake Pop demo.  Those are our darling little favor bags...
IMG_3654
mosaic556c9744edb9c3a7e19d085c0c44a70d4fe9ecb1
I have to admit though, Cupcake camp itself was a little disappointing. It wasn't quite what we were anticipating nor as well organized as what we were hoping...but I'd rather focus on the positive part. It was such fun having "girl time" away. We had time to eat leisurely meals, uninterrupted conversation, and I just enjoyed being with my dear friend. That was the best part. That, and of course, meeting Bakerella. :)
Here are a few fun photos from our trip....
IMG_3636
IMG_3630
IMG_3639
Our lunch stop...
IMG_3642

And I have to say a great big thank you to Dan and my Mother in Law, Winnie who stepped in for me so that I could go have some fun away. It definitely was such a treat to have this night away and I'm so grateful that the help to make it happen was so cheerfully given.

4 comments:

Shans said...

I have to agree just having the time together was the BEST part! I did love meeting Bakerella and she was very gracious. Thank you for joining me on this little road trip :) I know our next one isn't in the near future but I look forward to it none the less :)

Kristen said...

OMG!!! You met Bakerella!!! I'm so jealous! I wish I'd have been able to go with you - maybe I'd be able to figure out why the cake pops my friend and I made last Easter cracked - making the bunnies and chicks look like they were bleeding out red velvet cake... I think it had somethign to do with temperature - too cold cake balls with too warm candy melts... who knows. They were still yummy!

I can't wait to see what super cute cake pops you make after your class!

JulieM said...

Oh it looks like you had a wonderful get away with Shannon! How fun to have some girl time away! And yes I am jealous you got to meet Bakerella! Do you think she will ever make her way to South Dakota?

Jo said...

You two look fabulous!
What fun favor bags ~ what are you going to make from the book first?

Jo