I love this picture.
I took some photos of my Lil' Punkin the other day. She's growing up and changing so quickly I have to fight the urge to take photos of her daily.
But I can't help myself.
I had to take some photos of this handsome guy before he headed out of the house this morning for school. It is school picture day. My big first grade boy....
Doesn't he look like such a big kid in this next photo?
He is doing great at school, but he said today (with a quivering voice) that he's missing me during the day...I think we're going to need a date together soon.
I have to admit, it's nice to be missed.
I miss him too.
I had an adventure with my little Andrew today. We were going to Walmart with a long list of groceries and exactly one hour to speed through the store and get them before I needed to pick up Matthew from school. I was walking quickly through the automatic door focused on my mission when Andrew said, "Mama! Look!!"
I turned to see him squatting in the middle of the doorway pointing to something that looked like a rock.
It was a little frog.
It was clear he wasn't going to make it if we left him there so I scooped him up--well, there was some hopping and chasing involved--we were a bit of a sight. And I finally caught him and then we started looking for a good place to release him.
There really wasn't anywhere that he'd be okay and he was sitting and looking so scared, and to top it off he only had one eye! So that sealed the deal--I couldn't let him go. So we carried him inside and got a cup from the deli and I walked around the store with our one eyed frog in a cup (while trying to keep the lid over the top but letting air in) in one hand while shopping and pushing the cart with the other.
And I wondered, "How do I get myself into these situations?"
The shopping trip was cut short when our little guy started jumping around in the cup.
Time to find a new home.
We checked out and I took the frog on his first car ride to our house. Here he is...
Isn't he cute?
Andrew was really worried about the little guy. We decided that our neighbors yard would be the best spot for him because they have a pond. So we found a small hole in the fence and put the cup through and waited for him to hop out.
From the Walmart parking lot to a backyard pond all in a day. He might only have one eye, but I'd say that was one lucky frog! :)
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Kathy I love this!!! Soo much like something I would do. I found myself laughing outloud! All in the day of a Mom!
Post a Comment