Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This 'n That & Thanksgiving Round-Up


(Thanks to my father in law who sent this group photo of us from Thanksgiving. I do believe it's the first whole family photo--in-laws, out-laws, and everything in between that we've ever taken. I'm shocked at how well it turned out. I regret that Dad isn't there.)

So much to blog, so little time.

Wow. I feel like life is just jam packed with things to post about right now, but just no time to do it. Today I was home for a total of one hour between 8:40am and 8:30pm. Whew! But it turned out to be a nice day in the end...It started with a VERY late drop off to pre-school and then Bible study--which was really good, but I was feeling so grouchy! Then I had a Dr. appt for Kaitlin and our long time nurse paid me one of the very sweetest compliments I think I've ever had and it just turned my day around. I could tell she was nervous saying it, and I was so appreciative that she did because it just made my day so much better. And a nice reminder that we never now how our interactions affect other people and to be mindful of that.

Then we ended our day with a wonderful dinner at our friends' house that decided even though they are due any second with their 4th baby (in 4 years) they'd just go ahead and cook us dinner too while they're at it! Good gracious! They are part of our small group and lovely new friends. (Thank you so much Zach & Rachel!:))

And I'm happy to report that Kaitlins ears were fluid free for the first time since October! So that saved us from heading to the ENT--Yay!! Kaitlin gave that a big "YAY!" too. :)

Now, on to other news. I had a request to see the sofa. Sorry for my delay...it DID arrive! And it's so comfortable and nap-worthy. I feel like the most spoiled person in the world to have such a pretty living room. I still pass by and can't believe it's mine.


Does the fabric on the pillow look familiar? Hmmm....Maybe because the pink version is on Kaitlin's bumper in her nursery! :)


It's so peaceful and relaxing and so not like the rest of my life. I like to go in and pretend that I'm peaceful and relaxed and then re-enter the crazy chaotic reality of my real life right now. (But wouldn't have it any other way!)


There will eventually be one more pillow in the middle of the sofa. I'll report on that when it comes. I'm sure everyone will be waiting on the edge of their seats.

I'm going to try to get caught up over the next couple of days. I do have a very special birthday to share, our ornaments for the year (along with a fun surprise that arrived in the mail), the decking of halls, a new visitor to our house AND the Bug's 22 month post. I can't believe she's that old. But then I can...she's changing by the second. So, lots more to come.

But I'm wiped out so, Good night for now!

1 comment:

Shans said...

The living room looks BEAUTIFUL!!! And the sofa really is that comfortable. I can totally see curling up on it with the fire on and soaking up that "peaceful" moment. Enjoy my dear friend, you deserve it!