
Birthdays are my favorite. Dan's birthday, my birthday, my friends' birthdays, I love them all. Not because of gifts. But because of the excuse to get together and have grown up time together. Oh, I love it.
I was spoiled today. I had lunch with my friend Julie for her birthday and then a dinner out with Dan for an early celebration of his! A huge thank you to our good friends Shannon and Ryan who watched the kids for us tonight. It's so great to be able to leave our kids and know they are having a great time and are well cared for.
We tried a new restaurant (for the locals: Lapellah. It was really good! We're planning on going back someday....Dan had the Ribeye--and said it was really good. I had the halibut which was also really good. The adventure for tonight was a pecan tart with icecream that had bacon in it! Isn't that weird!? Dan was adventuresome and ordered it and I tried it...it was surprisingly pretty good, but I couldn't get over the chewy texture of the bacon. I was happy with the mud pie).
It's always such a treat to go to a "grown-up" restaurant. To eat leisurely, eat first without needing to blow or cut someone elses food...to have dessert! And my favorite part....uninterrupted adult conversation.
Bliss.
I love having the time to talk with Dan and the meal is always over so quickly.
But then, I love to return to my little loves and hear the stories of "while you were out...."
Gracie and Katiebug apparently had a ball coloring and being silly....(I think Grace's face says it all!)
And Andrew (who had a bit of trouble...such is life for Andrew at four) enjoyed some cuddle time on the sofa with Auntie Shannon and some sweet comfort from Grace. (I think the two of them have a love connection. :) They are so affectionate with each other!)
It was such a great night, Thank you! And tomorrow we'll round out the birthday weekend with a celebration of my sister in law, Michelle's birthday and Dan's birthday here for dinner. Bring on the cake!

1 comment:
Always SO happy to watch the little loves :) Hope Dan has a great real birthday!
Post a Comment