Happy Mother's Day!We had a great day today. It included breakfast in bed with sweet cards from Dan and the kids. Dan did so well with the cards this year.
Matthew made this sweet drawing of us....(I love the hearts).
And I love this card that Dan chose and had the boys participate with. It has questions for the children:
The card had places to fill in:
"Ways you make me smile:"
Matthew: "When she does something nice for me like helping me."
Andrew: "when you hold my hand on the stairs."
"Having you for a mom makes me feel...."
M: "Happy and safe." (The best answer ever and the thing I strive to do every day).
A: "Good."
"Things you do best"
M: "Play with me; especially toy story stuff."
A: "Makes me treats like ice cream."
"If I could give you anything, it would be...
M: "A present like a picture set something that lets you print pictures and put them in a book." (I thought this was so cute--I think he's thinking about how I make scrapbooks for them and he knows I like pictures...I'm amazed at how thoughtful he can be sometimes.)
A: "A pirate ship!!" (But of course!) :)
"Three things I really love about you"
Matthew:" When she makes things that I want her to; when she spends time with me; when she makes special treats like cupcakes and cookies."
Andrew: "You hold me and cuddle; when she plays with me; makes me feel better when I am sad."
I think that was my favorite card ever. I told Dan that he didn't ever need to buy a card for them again. Just sitting down and writing their thoughts and perceptions is so much better than anything he could find in a store.
Then we went to church, stopped to take some pictures. The kids were happy to watch the ducks and the waterfall. It provided a great distraction so I could take some photos of them, and Dan did a great job taking some photos too.
Matthew, the thinker....
And then we headed off for brunch.
Kaitlin got a little fussy at brunch and a great waitress (not even ours!) brought a bowl of fruit loops--what a life saver! She and Matthew happily fed each other and had a great time.
Andrew had a rough morning (which is why there aren't a lot of photos of him). He was tired and really fussy. But that's the life of a Mom! :) I still had a nice day--I think one of the hardest and most important skills of being a mom is choosing your own attitude and not letting a fussy/tired child rub off on you. Isn't that hard sometimes? But I've been a Mom long enough (and have encountered this situation enough) that I'm getting pretty good at making my own lemonade so to speak. I think sometimes we just have to choose to be happy and it makes all the difference.
We all came home and everyone had a nap (including Mommy and Daddy) which was heaven, and then here's the best part of my day....
I had been sleeping on the sofa and as each child woke up from their nap they came and piled on top of me. It was great.
We sat and watched a movie together. And then Dan went and got pizza for dinner.
We had a great Mother's Day and I hope all of you did too!!




1 comment:
Beautiful pictures! (As always!)
I love the your view about making your own lemonade! How true! And I needed to be reminded of that.
Glad you had some special time with your sweet family. :)
Post a Comment