Friday, February 27, 2009

As Ridiculous as it is Impossible

First, a disclaimer.

To know Andrew, is to love Andrew. He's just a great kid. I'd say he's easy to get along with, and is just happy go-lucky. The words I would predominantly use to describe Andrew would be:

Loving

Joyful

Affectionate

Sweet

Fun loving

Curious

Hungry (always!)

And one that I HATE to say, but lately it's becoming a bit of an issue....

(whispering, here)...Sneaky.

I've seen it coming for a long time. As a toddler, he'd wait for the second I'd leave the room and make a bee-line for whatever was off limits. A favorite: The box of Grape-Nuts.

(GrapeNuts+Shag carpet = Fun Times!)

Anyway, This week alone, so far we've had:

1. Disappearing sugar cookies after Kaitlin's party. Later found half eaten behind the sofa cusion.

2. My alarm clock went missing. (It's a small battery operated one). At 11:00 at night I was searching everywhere for my clock. Nowhere to be found. Dan had to call me in the morning to wake me up. I asked Andrew that afternoon if he'd seen it. He replied, "The Ants pushed it under my bed." I found it under his pillow.

3. Tonight he got out of bed claiming he had to go potty. He went into the bathroom and was gone for a while. I went to find him and it smelled very sweet...I looked at his toothpaste tube which was previously nearly full (it's a non-fluoride, toddler kind) and he ate the whole thing!!

Mommy: Andrew, did you eat the toothpaste?

Andrew: No. The soap did it.

Dan's and my favorite saying is now (which we can't remember where it originated now to give due credit) but it applies more and more to our conversations with Andrew..."That's as ridiculous as it is impossible."

It is however, funny.

Some photos of Andrew that I took this week when we had a little snow on the ground.....


Teasing that he was going to throw a snow ball at me...


He did...


I love this picture because he's squatting in it. He always did that as a baby while he was playing. It was one of his little signature things. It was always so cute.


No comments: